The 74LS245 octal bus transceivers are designed for asynchronous two-way communication between data buses. The control function implementation minimizes external timing requirements. The device allows data transmission from the A Bus to the B Bus or from the B Bus to the A Bus depending upon the logic level at the direction control (DIR) input. The enable input (G) can be used to disable the device so that the buses are effectively isolated.
• Bi-Directional bus transceiver in a high-density 20-pin package
• 3-STATE outputs drive bus lines directly
• PNP inputs reduce DC loading on bus lines
• Hysteresis at bus inputs improve noise margins
• Typical propagation delay times, port-to-port 8 ns
• Typical enable/disable times 17 ns
• IOL (sink current) 24 mA
• IOH (source current) −15 mA
|Supply Voltage (VCC)||7 V|
|Input Voltage (VI)||7 V|
|Operating free-air temperature range||0°C to +70°C|
|Storage temperature range||–65°C to +150°C|
* product image for illustration purposes only. actual product may vary.