The 74LS96 is a 5-bit shift register with both serial and parallel (ones transfer) data entry. Since the ’96 has the output of each stage available as well as a D-type serial input and ones transfer inputs on each stage, it can be used 5-bit serial- to-parallel, serial-to-serial and some parallel-to-serial data operations. The 74LS96 is five master/slave flip-flops connected to perform right shift. The flip- flops change state on the LOW-HIGH transition of the clock. The Serial (S) input is edge-triggered and must be stable only one set-up time before the LOW to HIGH clock transition.
• 5-bit parallel-to-serial or serial-to-parallel converter
• Asynchronous transfer preset entry
• Buffered positive-triggered clock
• Buffered active LOW Clear
|VIN||Input Voltage||-0.5 to 7.0||V|
|IIN||Input Current||-30 to 1||m A|
|VOUT||Voltage applied to output in HIGH output State||-0.5 to Vcc||V|
|TA||Operating Free Air Temperature||0 to 70||°C|
* product image for illustration purposes only. actual product may vary.