The DS1232 Micro Monitor™ Chip monitors three vital conditions for a microprocessor: power supply, software execution, and external override. First, a precision temperature-compensated reference and comparator circuit monitors the status of VCC. When an out-of-tolerance condition occurs, an internal power fail signal is generated which forces reset to the active state. When VCC returns to an in-tolerance condition, the reset signals are kept in the active state for a minimum of 250 ms to allow the power supply and processor to stabilize.
The second function the DS1232 performs is push button reset control. The DS1232 debounces the push button input and guarantees an active reset pulse width of 250 ms minimum. The third function is a watchdog timer. The DS1232 has an internal timer that forces the reset signals to the active state if the strobe input is not driven low prior to timeout. The watchdog timer function can be set to operate on timeout settings of approximately 150 ms, 600 ms, and 1.2 seconds.
- Halts and restarts an out-of-control microprocessor
- Holds microprocessor in check during power transients
- Automatically restarts microprocessor after power failure
- Monitors push button for external override
- Accurate 5% or 10% microprocessor power supply monitoring
- Eliminates the need for discrete components Space-saving, 8-pin mini-DIP
- Optional 16-pin SOIC surface mount package
- Industrial temperature -40°C to +85°C available, designated N
|Voltage on V CC Pin Relative to Ground||-0.5 V to +7.0 V|
|Voltage on I/O Relative to Ground||-0.5 V to VCC + 0.5 V|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C|
|Operating Temperature (Industrial Version)||-40°C to +85°C|
|Storage Temperature||-55°C to +125°C|
|Soldering Temperature||260°C for 10 seconds|
* product image for illustration purposes only. actual product may vary.