The DS3231 is a low-cost, extremely accurate 12C real-time clock (RTC) with an integrated temperature- compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) and crystal. The device incorporates a battery input, and maintains accurate timekeeping when main pow’er to the device is interrupted. The integration of the crystal resonator enhances the long-term accuracy of the device as well as reduces the piece-part count in a manufacturing line. The DS3231 is available in commercial and industrial temperature ranges, and is offered in a 16-pn, 300-mil SO package.
The RTC maintains seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, and year information. The date at the end of the month is automatically adjusted for months with fewer than 31 days, including corrections for leap year. The clock operates in either the 24-hour or 12-hour format With an AWPM indicator. Two programmable time-of-day alarms and a programmable square-wave output are provided. Address and data are transferred serially through an 12C bidirectional bus.
A precision temperature-compensated voltage reference and comparator circuit monitors the status of VCC to detect power failures, to provide a reset output, and to automatically switch to the backup supply when necessary. Additionally, the RST pin is monitored as a push button input for generating a pp reset.
• Highly Accurate RTC Completely Manages All Timekeeping Functions
• Real-Time Clock Counts Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Date of the Month, Month, Day of the Week, and Year, with Leap-Year Compensation Valid Up to 2100
• Accuracy ±2ppm from 0°C to +40°C
• Accuracy ±3.5ppm from -40°C to +85°C
• Digital Temp Sensor Output: ±3°C Accuracy
• Register for Aging Trim
• RST Output/Pushbutton Reset Debounce Input
• Two Time-of-Day Alarms
• Programmable Square-Wave Output Signal
● Simple Serial Interface Connects to Most Microcontrollers
• Fast (400kHz) I2C Interface
● Battery-Backup Input for Continuous Timekeeping
• Low Power Operation Extends Battery-Backup Run Time
• 3.3V Operation
● Operating Temperature Ranges: Commercial (0°C to +70°C) and Industrial (-40°C to +85°C)
● Underwriters Laboratories® (UL) Recognized
- Utility Power Meters
|Voltage Range on Any Pin Relative to Ground
||0.3V to +6.0V
|Junction-to-Ambient Thermal Resistance
|Junction-to-Case Thermal Resistance
|Operating Temperature Range
||0°C to +70°C
|Storage Temperature Range
||-40°C to +85°C
* product image for illustration purposes only. actual product may vary.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.