The MAX7219 is compact, serial input/output common-cathode display driver that interface microprocessors (µPs) to 7-segment numeric LED displays of up to 8 digits, bar-graph displays, or 64 individual LEDs. Included on-chip are a BCD code-B decoder, multiplex scan circuitry, segment and digit drivers, and an 8×8 static RAM that stores each digit. Only one external resistor is required to set the segment current for all LEDs.
A convenient 4-wire serial interface connects to all common µPs. Individual digits may be addressed and updated without rewriting the entire display. The MAX7219 also allow the user to select codeB decoding or no-decode for each digit. The devices include a 150µA low-power shutdown mode, analog and digital brightness control, a scanlimit register that allows the user to display from 1 to 8 digits, and a test mode that forces all LEDs on.
- 10MHz Serial Interface
- Individual LED Segment Control
- Decode/No-Decode Digit Selection
- 150µA Low-Power Shutdown (Data Retained)
- Digital and Analog Brightness Control
- Display Blanked on Power-Up
- Drive Common-Cathode LED Display
- 24-Pin SO Package
- Bar-Graph Displays
- Industrial Controllers
- Panel Meters
- LED Matrix Displays
* product image for illustration purposes only. actual product may vary.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.