MCP3301 13-bit A/D converter features full differential inputs and low power consumption in a small package that is ideal for battery powered systems and remote data acquisition applications. Incorporating a successive approximation architecture with on-board sample and hold circuitry, this 13-bit A/ D converter is specified to have ±1 LSB Differential Non linearity (DNL) and ±1 LSB Integral Non linearity (INL) for B-grade devices and ±2 LSB for C-grade devices. The industry-standard SPI™ serial interface enables 13-bit A/D converter capability to be added to any PIC® micro controller.
The MCP3301 features a low current design that permits operation with typical standby and active currents of only 50 nA and 300 µA, respectively. The device operates over a broad voltage range of 2.7V to 5.5V and is capable of conversion rates of up to 100 ksps. The reference voltage can be varied from 400 mV to 5V, yielding input-referred resolution between 98 µV and 1.22 mV. The MCP3301 is available in 8-pin PDIP, 150 mil SOIC and MSOP packages. The full differential inputs of this device enable a wide variety of signals to be used in applications such as remote data acquisition, portable instrumentation and battery operated applications.
• Full Differential Inputs
• ±1 LSB max DNL • ±1 LSB max INL (MCP3301-B)
• ±2 LSB max INL (MCP3301-C)
• Single supply operation: 2.7V to 5.5V
• 100 ksps sampling rate with 5V supply voltage
• 50 ksps sampling rate with 2.7V supply voltage
• 50 nA typical standby current, 1 µA max
• 450 µA max active current at 5V
• Industrial temp range: -40°C to +85 °C
• 8-pin MSOP, PDIP and SOIC packages
• MXDEV™ Evaluation kit available
|All Inputs and Outputs w.r.t. VSS||-0.3V to VDD +0.3V|
|Storage Temperature||-65°C to +150°C|
|Ambient temperature with power applied||–65°C to +125°C|
|Soldering temperature of leads (10 seconds)||+150°C|
|ESD Protection On All Pins (HBM)||≥ 4 Kv|
* product image for illustration purposes only. actual product may vary.