RP2040 is the debut microcontroller from Raspberry Pi. It brings our signature values of high performance, low cost, and ease of use to the microcontroller space. With a large on-chip memory, symmetric dual-core processor complex, deterministic bus fabric, and rich peripheral set augmented with our unique Programmable I/O (PIO) subsystem, it provides professional users with unrivaled power and flexibility.
Flexible I/O connects RP2040 to the physical world by allowing it to speak to almost any external device. High-performance breezes through integer workloads. Low cost helps ease the barrier to entry. This isn’t just a powerful chip: its designed to help you bring every last drop of that power to bear. With six independent banks of RAM and a fully connected switch at the heart of its bus fabric, you can easily arrange for the cores and DMA engines to run in parallel without contention.
RP2040 builds Raspberry Pi’s commitment to inexpensive, efficient computing into a small and powerful 7mm 7mm package, with just two square millimeters of 40nm silicon. With detailed documentation, a polished Micro Python port, and a UF2 bootloader in ROM, it has the lowest possible barrier to entry for beginner and hobbyist users. RP2040 is a stateless device, with support for cached execute-in-place from external QSPI memory.
This design decision allows you to choose the appropriate density of non-volatile storage for your application, and to benefit from the low pricing of commodity Flash parts. RP2040 is manufactured on a modern 40nm process node, delivering high performance, low dynamic power consumption, and low leakage, with a variety of low-power modes to support extended-duration operation on battery power.
Key Features :-
- Dual ARM Cortex-M0+ @ 133MHz
- 264kB on-chip SRAM in six independent banks
- Support for up to 16MB of off-chip Flash memory via dedicated QSPI bus
- DMA controller
- Fully-connected AHB crossbar
- Interpolator and integer divider peripherals
- On-chip programmable LDO to generate core voltage
- 2 on-chip PLLs to generate USB and core clocks
- 30 GPIO pins, 4 of which can be used as analog inputs
2 SPI controllers
2 I2C controllers
16 PWM channels
USB 1.1 controller and PHY, with host and device support
8 PIO state machines
- Whatever your microcontroller application, from machine learning to motor control, from agriculture to audio, RP2040has the performance, feature set, and support to make your product fly.
|Processor||Dual ARM Cortex-M0+ cores|
|SPI Flash||2M on-board QSPI|
|Maximum Clock Frequency (MHz)||133|
|ADC||3 available 12-bit|
* product image for illustration purposes only. actual product may vary.