The TC4420 is 6A (peak), single-output MOSFET drivers. The TC4420 is a non-inverting driver. These drivers are fabricated in CMOS for lower power and more efficient operation versus bipolar drivers. Both devices have TTL/CMOS compatible inputs that can be driven as high as VDD + 0.3V or as low as –5V without upset or damage to the device. This eliminates the need for external level-shifting circuitry and its associated cost and size. The output swing is rail-to-rail, ensuring better drive voltage margin, especially during power-up/power-down sequencing. Propagational delay time is only 55 ns (typ.) and the output rise and fall times are only 25 ns (typ.) into 2500 pF across the usable power supply range. Unlike other drivers, the TC4420 is virtually latch-up proof. They replace three or more discrete components, saving PCB area, parts and improving overall system reliability.
- Latch-Up Protected: Will Withstand >1.5A Reverse Output Current
- Logic Input Will Withstand Negative Swing Up To 5V
- ESD Protected: 4 kV
- Matched Rise and Fall Times: – 25 ns (2500 pF load)
- High Peak Output Current: 6A
- Wide Input Supply Voltage Operating Range: – 4.5V to 18V
- High Capacitive Load Drive Capability: 10,000 pF
- Short Delay Time: 55 ns (typ.)
- CMOS/TTL Compatible Input
- Low Supply Current With Logic ‘1’ Input: – 450 µA (typ.)
- Low Output Impedance: 2.5
- Output Voltage Swing to Within 25 mV of Ground or VDD
- Space-Saving 8-Pin SOIC and 8-Pin 6×5 DFN Packages
|Input Voltage||– 5V to VDD + 0.3V|
|Input Current (VIN > VDD)||50 mA|
|Package Power Dissipation 5-Pin TO-220 (With Heatsink)||12.5W|
|Thermal Impedances (To Case) 5-Pin TO-220||10°C/W|
* product image for illustration purposes only. actual product may vary.
There are no reviews yet.