The TNY274PN incorporates a 700 V power MOSFET, oscillator, high voltage switched current source, current limit (user selectable) and thermal shutdown circuitry. The IC family uses an ON/OFF control scheme and offers a design fl exible solution with a low system cost and extended power capability.
• Simple ON/OFF control, no loop compensation needed
• Selectable current limit through BP/M capacitor value
• Higher current limit extends peak power or, in open frame applications, maximum continuous power Lower current limit improves efficiency in enclosed adapters/chargers
• Allows optimum TNY274PN choice by swapping devices with no other circuit redesign Tight I2f parameter tolerance reduces system cost
• Maximizes MOSFET and magnetic power delivery
• Minimizes max overload power, reducing cost of transformer, primary clamp & secondary components ON-time extension – extends low line regulation range/hold-up time to reduce input bulk capacitance
• Self-biased: no bias winding or bias components
• Frequency jittering reduces EMI filter costs
• Pin-out simplifies heat sinking to the PCB SOURCE pins are electrically quiet for low EMI
|VBP||BYPASS Pin Voltage||5.6||5.85||6.15||V|
|VBPH||BYPASS Pin Voltage Hysteresis||0.80||0.95||1.2||V|
|VSHUNT||BP/M Pin Shunt Voltage||6||6.4||6.7||V|
|ICH1||BP/M Pin Charge Current||-6||-3.8||-1.8||m A|
* product image for illustration purposes only. actual product may vary.