TOP227YN belongs to TOPSwitch-II Family from the manufacturer “Power Integration”. It is three-Terminal Off-Line PWM Switch. Description The second generation TOPSwitch™-II family is more cost effective and provides several enhancements over the first generation TOPSwitch family. The TOPSwitch-II family extends the power range from 100W to 150W for 100/115/ 230 VAC input and from 50W to 90W for 85-265 VAC universal input. This brings TOPSwitch technology advantages to many new applications, i.e. TV, Monitor, Audio amplifiers, etc. Many significant circuit enhancements that reduce the sensitivity to board layout and line transients now make the design even easier. The standard 8L PDIP package option reduces cost in lower power, high efficiency applications. The internal lead frame of this package uses six of its pins to transfer heat from the chip directly to the board, eliminating the cost of a heat sink. TOPSwitch incorporates all functions necessary for a switched mode control system into a three terminal monolithic IC: power MOSFET, PWM controller, high voltage start up circuit, loop compensation and fault protection circuitry.
- Lowest cost, lowest component count switcher solution
- Cost competitive with linears above 5 W
- Very low AC/DC losses – up to 90% efficiency
- Built-in Auto-restart and Current limiting
- Latching Thermal shutdown for system level protection
- Implements Flyback, Forward, Boost or Buck topology
- Works with primary or opto feedback
- Stable in discontinuous or continuous conduction mode
- Source connected tab for low EMI
- Circuit simplicity and Design Tools reduce time to market
|Part Number||Single Voltage Input
100/115/230 VAC ±15%
|Wide Range Input
85 to 265 VAC
|TOP227YN||150 W||90 W|
|DRAIN Voltage||0.3 to 700 V|
|CONTROL Voltage||0.3 to 9 V|
|CONTROL Current||100 mA|
|Storage Temperature||-65 to 150 °C|
|Operating Junction Temperature(||-40 to 150 °C|
|Lead Temperature||260 °C|
* product image for illustration purposes only. actual product may vary.
There are no reviews yet.