The DS75176B is a high speed differential TRI- STATE@bus/line transceiver designed to meet the requirements of EIA standard RS485 with extended common mode range (+12V to —7V), for multipoint data transmission. In addition, it is compatible with RS-422. The driver and receiver outputs feature TRI-STATE capability, for the driver outputs over the entire common mode range of +12V to —7V. Bus contention or fault situations that cause excessive power dissipation within the device are handled by a thermal shutdown circuit, which forces the driver outputs into the high impedance state. DC specifications are guaranteed over the O to 700C temperature and 4.75V to 5.25V supply voltage range.
- Meets EIA Standard RS485 for Multipoint Bus Transmission and is Compatible with RS-422. Small Outline (SOIC) Package Option Available for Minimum Board Space.
- 22 ns Driver Propagation Delays.
- Single +5V supply.
- —7V to +12V Bus Common Mode Range Permits Ground Difference Between Devices on the Bus.
- Thermal Shutdown Protection.
- High Impedance to Bus with Driver in TRI- STATE or with Power Off, Over the Entire Common Mode Range Allows the Unused Devices on the Bus to be Powered Down.
- Pin out Compatible with DS3695/A and SN75176A/B.
- Combined Impedance of a Driver Output and Receiver Input is Less Than One RS485 Unit Load, Allowing up to 32 Transceivers on the Bus.
- 70 mV Typical Receiver Hysteresis.
|Supply Voltage, VCC||7V|
|Control Input Voltages||7V|
|Driver Input Voltage||7V|
|Driver Output Voltages||+15V/ −10V|
|Receiver Input Voltages (DS75176B)||+15V/ −10V|
|Receiver Output Voltage||5.5V|
|Storage Temperature Range||−65°C to +150°C|
* product image for illustration purposes only. actual product may vary.