CD4008 types consist of four full adder stages with fast look ahead carry provision from stage to stage. Circuitry is included to provide a fast “parallel-carry-out” but to permit high-speed operation in arithmetic sections using several CD4008’s. CD4008 inputs include the four sets of bits to be added, A1 to A4 and B1 to B4, in addition to the “Carry In” bit from a previous section. CD4008 outputs include the four sum bits, S1 to S4. In addition to the high speed “parallel-carryout” which may be utilized at a succeeding CD4008 section.
• High-Voltage Type (20V Rating)
• 4 Sum Outputs Plus Parallel Look-ahead Carry-Output
• High-Speed Operation – Sum In-To-Sum Out, 160ns Typ; Carry In-To-Carry Out, 5ns Typ. At VDD = 10V, CL=50pF
• Standardized Symmetrical Output Characteristics
• 100% Tested For Quiescent Current At 20V
• Maximum Input Current of 1µa at 18V Over Full Package-Temperature Range; – 100nA at 18V and 25oC
• Noise Margin (Over Full Package Temperature Range): – 1V at VDD = 5V – 2V at VDD = 10V – 2.5V at VDD = 15V
• 5V, 10V and 15V Parametric Ratings • Meets All Requirements of JEDEC Tentative Standard No. 13B, “Standard Specifications for Description of ‘B’ Series CMOS Devices”
|DC Supply Voltage Range, (VDD)||-0.5V to +20V|
|Input Voltage Range, All Inputs||-0.5V to VDD +0.5V|
|DC Input Current, Any One Input||±10mA|
|Operating Temperature Range||-55°C to +125°C|
|Storage Temperature Range (TSTG)||-65°C to +150°C|
|Lead Temperature (During Soldering)||+265°C|
* product image for illustration purposes only. actual product may vary.