The DAC0800 series are monolithic 8-bit high-speed current-output digital-to-analog converters (DAC) featuring typical settling times of 100 ns. When used as a multiplying DAC, monotonic performance over a 40 to 1 reference current range is possible. The DAC0800 series also features high compliance complementary current outputs to allow differential output voltages of 20 Vp-p with simple resistor loads. The reference-to-full-scale current matching of better than ±1 LSB eliminates the need for full-scale trims in most applications, while the non linearities of better than ±0.1% over temperature minimizes system error accumulations.
The noise immune inputs will accept a variety of logic levels. The performance and characteristics of the device are essentially unchanged over the ±4.5V to ±18V power supply range and power consumption at only 33 mW with ±5V supplies is independent of logic input levels.
The DAC0800 is a direct replacement for the DAC-08, DAC-08A, DAC-08C, and DAC-08H, respectively.
- Fast Settling Output Current: 100 ns
- Full Scale Error: ±1 LSB
- Non linearity Over Temperature: ±0.1%
- Full Scale Current Drift: ±10 ppm/°C
- High Output Compliance: −10 V to +18 V
- Complementary Current Outputs
- Interface Directly with TTL, CMOS, PMOS and Others
- 2 Quadrant Wide Range Multiplying Capability
- Wide Power Supply Range: ±4.5 V to ±18 V
- Low Power Consumption: 33 m W at ±5 V
- Low Cost
|Operating temperature range ( C )||0 to 70|
|Output type||Unbuffered Current|
|Output range (Max) (mA/V)||2|
|Output range (Min) (mA/V)||0|
|Settling time (µs)||0.1|
|Rating||See Data Sheet|
* product image for illustration purposes only. actual product may vary.